Mold is the bane of any bathroom. It’s a resilient fungus that can thrive anywhere there’s moisture, and it loves to hang out in there. It can ruin your shower curtain and spread to other areas, like your sink or toilet. Not only does a black mold bathroom look gross, but it is also dangerous for you and your family. You can’t just wipe it away like you might a spill or splat of toothpaste, so what do you do? You don’t have to give up! Here’s how to get rid of mold in your bathroom.
If you are experiencing this problem already then it’s important to get rid of bathroom mold before it spreads to other parts of your home.
Here are some ways to do that:
1) Remove all personal items from the area where you see mold growing so they don’t get damaged by cleaning products or by being sprayed with water.
2) Clean surfaces with a bleach solution (if possible). Mix 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water and spray down affected areas until they’re completely wet but not dripping wet (you don’t want the bleach to run down walls or floors). Let everything dry thoroughly before putting back any personal items. This will help prevent the growth of mold on the bathroom floor.
3) Check for leaks under sinks or tubs and try to fix them as soon as possible. If you can’t fix them yourself, hire someone who can!
4) Keep an eye out for more mold growth over time—it’s likely there will be more after cleaning up this first area!
Steps to Clean a Black Mold Bathroom!
Now that you have gone through some of the popular bathroom mold removal tips, it is time to go through a step-by-step guide to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene there.
This easy guide will explain almost every step in detail and will make it easy to understand how to get rid of mold in the bathroom.
i). Make sure that you have all of the necessary tools for the job. You’ll need a scrub brush, bleach, and water.
ii). Clean any visible mold with warm water and soap. If there’s any discoloration on the surface of your walls, clean that off first before moving on to step three.
iii). Mix one cup of bleach with one gallon of warm water in a bucket or large basin and dip your scrub brush into it so that it’s saturated all over (about two-thirds of its bristles).
iv). Scrub away at those stains!
v). Rinse the area thoroughly with hot water and soap after using bleach to make sure no residue remains on the walls or floor of your bathroom.
vi). It’s time to open up the windows and let air circulate through your bathroom for at least 48 hours. This will help prevent future outbreaks of mold by drying out surfaces and killing any remaining spores that were not removed during your initial cleanup process.
Explore Our Others Cleaning Articles:
How to Prevent Bathroom Mold’s Growth?
We’ve all heard about the dangers of bathroom mold, but what can we do to keep it from growing?
Follow these steps:
- First, you need to make sure that your bathroom is well-ventilated. If you don’t have a window, install one! This will make sure that moisture doesn’t get trapped inside, which is the main culprit in bathroom mold growth.
- Next, keep your shower curtain clean. Mold loves to grow on dirty things like shower curtains, so be sure to wash yours regularly. You need to use a special laundry detergent for cleaning mold off fabric (you can buy it online or at any hardware store).
- If you’re lucky enough to have a bidet or toilet seat sprayer in your bathroom, use it! It’ll help keep mold from forming in those hard-to-reach places.
- And finally, invest in an exhaust fan! These are relatively inexpensive and easy to install yourself if you’re handy around the house. They’ll help prevent mold from forming in the first place by removing moisture from the air before it has time to settle into anything else.
While mold in the bathroom can damage the structural integrity of your home and cause lasting health problems for you and your family, it’s something that can be easily remedied by taking the proper precautions. Now you know very well how to get rid of mold in the bathroom, we are sure that you will take the above guidelines seriously!
Leave a Reply